Looking easterly, this lookout provides a view of Martin Head, a long strand of coarse gravel connected to a rocky head at the mouth of the Quiddy River. The original name was probably of Mi’kmaq derivation from the word ‘Anesaak’ meaning ‘Lone Rock’. There were several other variations derived over the next 100 years when a Quaco Land Grant of 1783 lists the name James Martin. The 1785-1786 Land Petition lists the property as ‘Martin’s Head’. (Source: Geographic Names of New Brunswick by Alan Rayburn).